BREAKOUT SESSIONS: SOLUTIONS AND STRATEGIES
Date & Time
Wednesday, May 29, 2019, 2:15 PM - 3:30 PM
SESSION 1A - STAND OUT: DEVELOPING AND MARKETING YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA BRAND
Whether you're an experienced professional or you're brand new to digital communications; whether you're a personal brand or you're running a huge organization, this innovative panel and workshop will discuss the changing landscape online and include hands-on help developing a thumb-stopping social strategy that will grow and strengthen your audience - and maybe even transcend political polarization.
- Moderator: Lyndsey Fifield, Social Media Manager, The Heritage Foundation
- Will Ricciardella, Social Media Director, Washington Examiner
- Stephen Rowe, Deputy Director of Digital Training, Leadership Institute
SESSION 1B - THE MOVE TOWARD SINGLE PAYER HEALTHCARE: OPPOSITION IS NOT ENOUGH
If the promises of a single payer, government-run healthcare sounds too good to be true, you are right. This panel will focus on why this liberal policy agenda would actually deliver Americans' worst healthcare fears, and why more choice and competition is the best prescription to achieve Americans' hopes for their care.
- Moderator: Marie Fishpaw, Director, Domestic Policy Studies, The Heritage Foundation
- The Honorable Paul Gosar, D.D.S, U.S. House of Representatives (R - AZ)
- Doug Badger, Visiting Fellow, Domestic Policy Studies, The Heritage Foundation
- Grace-Marie Turner, President, Galen Institute
Taxpayers are currently exposed to more than $1.5 trillion in outstanding student loan debt, students are leaving college ill-equipped to enter the job market, and universities are advancing socialism and identify politics daily. Join us to hear from experts on some of the most pressing topics of the day, and what the ever-increasing leftward tilt of academia and suppression of free speech means for America.
- Moderator: Mary Clare Amselem, Policy Analyst, Center for Education Studies, The Heritage Foundation
- Jonathan Butcher, Senior Policy Analyst, Center for Education Studies, The Heritage Foundation
- Michael Poliakoff, President, American Council of Trustees and Alumni
- Arthur Milikh, Associate Director and Research Fellow, B. Kenneth Simon Center for Principles and Politics, The Heritage Foundation
- Peter Wood, President, National Association of Scholars
SESSION 1D - SOCIALISM: RISING IN THE POLLS AND WINNING AT THE BALLOT BOX? WE MUST RESPOND.
Is it accurate to say that support for socialism is growing -- particularly among Millennials and Gen Z? How well do they understand what this means? This session will examine what the polling data shows about the support for socialism, and how conservatives should respond.
- Moderator: Elizabeth Fender, Director of Marketing, The Heritage Foundation
- Scott Rasmussen, Editor-at-large, Ballotpedia
- Melanie Sturm, Founder and Principal, Engage to Win
MEDIA INTERVIEW TRAINING hosted by Leadership Institute. Click here for more information and to register.