PLENARY SESSION - BIG TECH: CAN WE RESPOND TO VIEWPOINT CENSORSHIP WITHOUT EMPOWERING BIG GOVERNMENT?
Date & Time
Thursday, May 30, 2019, 9:15 AM - 10:15 AM
Many conservatives are frustrated by Big Tech companies and want change. The question is how. Do free markets, private property rights, and the Constitution provide each American with the tools to force change or is regulation from Washington what we need? Join us for a robust and interactive discussion on the pervasiveness of bias, the appropriateness and potential dangers of federal content regulations, and ideas on what to do about it.
- Moderator: Jack Spencer, Vice President, Institute for Economic Freedom, The Heritage Foundation
- Evan Baehr, CEO, Teneo
- Justin Danhof, General Counsel and Director of Free Enterprise Project, National Center for Public Policy; Policy Advisor, The Heartland Institute
- Aaron Ginn, Co-Founder, Lincoln Network
- Brian Glicklich, CEO, Digital Strategies
- Jessica Melugin, Associate Director, Technology and Innovation, Competitive Enterprise Institute