BREAKOUT SESSIONS: SOLUTIONS AND ROUNDTABLES
Date & Time
Thursday, May 30, 2019, 10:45 AM - 12:00 PM
SESSION 3A - THE PODCASTING BOOM: WHAT ARE CONSERVATIVES DOING RIGHT AND WHERE CAN WE IMPROVE?
For decades conservatives have dominated the talk radio industry, but as podcasters, we have a lot to learn in a market that continues to grow exponentially.
- Moderator: Michelle Cordero, Digital Content Manager, The Heritage Foundation
- Jon Gabriel, Editor-in-Chief, Richochet.com
- Elisha Krauss, Contributor and Host, The Daily Wire (home of The Ben Shapiro Show)
SESSION 3B - STRENGTHENING FAMILIES AND BUILDING COMMUNITIES THAT THRIVE
A strong civil society is key to America's success. Civil society starts in the home and in the community. This session will discuss ideas and solutions that are strengthening families and allowing civil society to solve problems that the government often only make worse.
- Moderator: Emilie Kao, Director, Richard and Helen DeVos Center for Religion & Civil Society, The Heritage Foundation
- Max Eden, Senior Fellow, Manhattan Institute
- Randy Hicks, President and Chief Executive Officer
- Jon Ponder, Founder and CEO, Hope for Prisoners
SESSION 3C - A MILLION LITTLE MUTINIES: INNOVATIVE MODELS COUNTERING THE EDUCATION MONOPOLY
This session will hear from scholars and on-the-ground activists working to advance non-government models of schooling at the K-12 level. From classical curriculum to education savings accounts, this session will leave you equipped to pull-off a little education mutiny of your own.
- Moderator: Lindsey Burke, Director, Center for Education Policy, The Heritage Foundation
- Mike McShane, Director of National Research, EdChoice
- Marc Ashton, CEO, Foundation for Blind Children
- Robert L. Jackson, Chief Academic Officer, Great Hearts Academies
- Matt Ladner, Senior Research Strategist, Arizona Chamber of Commerce Foundation
SESSION 3D - AFTER THE CHAOS: NEXT STEPS ON IMMIGRATION REFORM AND BORDER SECURITY
This panel will delve into the issues behind the current U.S. immigration policies, the ever-growing challenges facing border security personnel, as well as the laws that exist today which are not being enforced. Panelists will also discuss Heritage's recommended agenda for reforming America's immigration system so that it emphasizes the safety, prosperity, and freedoms of U.S. citizens.
- Moderator: Jim Carafano, Vice President, Kathryn and Shelby Cullom Davis Institute for National Security and Foreign Policy, and E.W. Richardson Fellow, The Heritage Foundation
- The Honorable Andy Biggs, U.S. House of Representatives (R - AZ)
- Thomas Homan, Former Acting Director, United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement
- Kevin Roberts, Executive Director, Texas Public Policy Foundation
- Cully Stimson, Senior Legal Fellow and Manager, National Security Law Program, The Heritage Foundation
SESSION 3E - THE PITCH: DEVELOPING YOUR CASE FOR SUPPORT
Are you communicating your organization's vision or are you trying to sell a program? This interactive workshop will help you know the difference and will cover ways to integrate your vision into donor communications and conversations.
- Moderator: Todd Lubas, Senior Assistant to the President for Donor Relations, The Heritage Foundation
- Justin Streiff, Partner, American Philanthropic
ON-CAMERA TELEVISION WORKSHOP hosted by Leadership Institute. Click here for more information and to register.